History of the US 219 Corridor
- 1988 - 1999 PennDOT constructed the four-lane Meyersdale Bypass and completes a Needs study that identifies two projects on US 219
- Somerset to Meyersdale, Pennsylvania
- Meyersdale, Pennsylvania to I-68 in Maryland
- 2001 - 2007 Meyersdale, PA to I-68, MD project began preliminary engineering and environmental studies before being put on hold due to funding constraints
- 2014 Restart of the Meyersdale, PA to I-68, MD project and environmental studies
- 2015 - 2016 Meyersdale, PA to I-68, MD project changed to a Planning and Environment Linkages Study (PEL). To learn more about the PEL study, and its stand-alone project in Maryland, please visit the project website here.
- 2016-2017 I-68 to Old Salisbury Road project completes preliminary engineering, and the environmental document is approved