History of the US 219 Corridor
- 1998 PennDOT constructed the four-lane Meyersdale Bypass
- 1999 PennDOT Needs study identified two projects on US 219
- Somerset to Meyersdale, Pennsylvania
- Meyersdale, Pennsylvania to I-68 in Maryland
- 2001 Preliminary engineering and a Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) began for the Meyersdale, PA to I-68 project
- 2006 November - Approval of the EIS NEPA for the Somerset to Meyersdale project
- 2007 Meyersdale, PA to I-68 project put on hold due to funding constraints
- 2014 PennDOT begun construction of US 219, Section 020 (to be completed by 2018)
- 2014 PennDOT began construction (to be completed by 2018) of the Somerset to Meyersdale project.
- 2014 Restart of the Meyersdale, PA to I-68 project NEPA Studies
- 2015 Meyersdale, PA to I-68 project changed to a Planning and Environment Linkage Study (PEL)
- 2016 July - completed the PEL Study for the Meyersdale, PA to I-68 project
US 219: I-68 (MD) to Meyersdale (PA)
To learn more about the completed US 219 Planning and Environment Linkage (PEL) study, please visit the project website here.